The City of Leander, originally called Bagdad, was established on July 17, 1882. The first settlers arrived in the area around 1845, receiving bounty land grants in exchange for service in the Texas Revolution. During the 1850's, the town of Bagdad was surveyed and many businesses began opening. One of the first stores was a blacksmith shop. The first post office was opened in 1858. Although the location was isolated the abundance of water and timber attracted many settlers. To learn more about Leander's history click here.
Leander, TX Properties
About the Neighborhood
© 2021 Austin Board of REALTORS®. All rights reserved.
Any home sales data appearing on this page is obtained from public record sources (or estimates, for non-disclosure states) as provided by OnBoard, LLC and does not comprise an appraisal or a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA). This information should not be used to replace a professional appraisal nor to determine the price of a particular property.